Dan Wallace and Dr. White respond to Yusuf Ismail's mis-quoting and mis-construing of John 1:1 comments in Dan Wallace's book, Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics. (page 269)
Please listen carefully to the Garage Band sound file that Dr. Wallace sent to Dr. White.
1. Yusuf Ismail mis-quoted Dan Wallace and butchered the quote.
2. Yusuf Ismail added the word necessarily, making it, "not necessarily" and left out "not at all"; conveying a totally opposite meaning.
3. He did not give the page number so people can look it up.
4. He based his argument on an English idiom that we sometimes use, "this food is divine".
5. He did not base his argument on the Greek text, but made it seem that he was.
6. He ignored the part of Dan Wallace's argument that Dr. Wallace specifically wrote that the English "this food is divine" is not valid because it is not the meaning of the Greek text.
For more on John 1:1, see here:
1. Muslim admits that John 1:1 means "God" by nature.
2. Greek Grammar points to the doctrine of the Trinity and Sola Scriptura
To see the full debate in October of 2014: