I noticed this Roman Catholic commercial video being played a lot recently on Fox News. Seems the timing was to go with the visit of Pope Francis. (Jorge Bergoglio)
This is a very well done video for the time that it takes.
1. It assumes "catholic" is the same as "Roman Catholic". (without even mentioning the phrase, "Roman Catholic")
2. It subtly claims the Roman Catholic Church compiled the Bible. This is false. The early church testified, affirmed, discerned, discovered, and put under one "book cover" which texts were "God-breathed"/ inspired. (2 Timothy 3:16) They called themselves "catholic" in the sense of "universal" / "according to the whole" / able to grow in all nations and cultures (Revelation 5:9), but it was not the same church doctrinally that today claims the Papacy, Transubstantiation, Purgatory, Indulgences, Marian dogmas, Marian piety, praying to Mary, praying to statues and icons, denial of Justification by Faith Alone at Trent, etc.
3. It claims Peter was the first Pope.
Many problems with that. See below in Dr. White's lecture on the Dividing Line.
4. The mention of "sacred tradition", in addition to the written Scriptures.
5. claimed 2000 years of an unbroken line of shepherds.
There may be other problems, but those are the 5 that stuck out to me.
Dr. White did an excellent DL yesterday, on Sept. 23, about the current Pope and Papacy:
Take note of the 5 things that Roman Catholics have to prove as true all at the same time in the last half of his lecture.
The closing Scripture verses Dr. White pointed to were from Acts 20:17-32. Acts 20:32 - "And now I commend to God and the word of His grace, which is about to build you up and to give the inheritance among those who are being sanctified."
Some other things about the Papal visit of Pope Francis. It seems, from what I have read, that President Obama and/ or the White House staff deliberately invited a bunch of homosexuals, trans-gender activists, and Roman Catholics for abortion, in order to cause this Pope some discomfort, or embarrass him, or give him a message, or protest his views on same sex marriage and abortion. That is shameful, IMO. His statement's on homosexuality have been weak and unclear, but as conservative RC's have pointed out, he has not changed church doctrine on that issue. I can appreciate and respect the Roman Catholic Church's stand against abortion and stand for marriage as one man and one woman, etc.
The current Pope's opposition to the death penalty ( I have never understood that, even for first degree murder, since I started hearing about that from the time of John Paul 2) and leftist views of the borders, illegal immigration, global warming, and capitalism are revealing.
Addendum: The Debate on the Papacy that Dr. White had with Mitch Pacwa in 1998: