Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Catholic Marketing 101

Mark Shea's living up to his blog subtitle: "Mark Shea's Blog: So That No Thought of Mine, No Matter How Stupid, Should Ever Go Unpublished Again!" in regard to his new three volume opus-

I'm happy to report that I have not yet seen a single negative review! Catholic response has been uniformly thumbs up, which makes Papa proud of his baby. (Of course, there will *be* negative reviews from guys like James White, Eric Svendsen, James Swan and the other nattering nabobs of anti-Catholicism, whose *job* is to give a negative review to stuff like this.) But once you get away from the anti-Catholic fever swamps, I will be interested to see how the book fares in place like Christianity Today, where you have honest Evangelicals who are serious about trying to engage Catholics, well, honestly.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Of course, Mr. Shea is correct to anticipate negative reaction from reformed folks. If he thinks, however, that Christianity Today has anything to do with Evangelicalism as it is historically defined then I don't know if he knows what "Evangelical" means. That's my two cents I guess.

pilgrim said...

Here's another of those that likes to use the term "Anti-Catholic", yet I wonder if he would reject the term "Anti-Protestant" being applied to him, as so many do?

In any case I think more RC's should read this---which was put online by a RC.

http://www.pugiofidei.com/unsound.htm

Check out #2 on that list.