Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Odds And Ends: Upcoming Blogs

Just a quick note to mention upcoming blogs I’m working on, lest some of you think I don’t value your contributions:

1. Ray has provided a number of comments to my blog- All of them will be responded to. This discussion is extremely pleasing, as I don’t get much of a chance to dialog with people who are familiar with Gordon Olson’s work (In fact, I think Ray is the second person in the last three years i've met that has actually read Olson’s work).

2. fm483 has commented on RC Sproul, law and gospel, and what is really meant by the gift of faith from a Lutheran perspective found here. For anybody who is Reformed, you should read his comments- they will challenge you to clarify your theology.

3. I got an e-mail in December from someone named Finbarr commenting on my Luther paper “Sin Boldly”. His e-mail got lost in the shuffle. I plan on responding to him. He asked,

I wrote to you about Luther's phrase, "Sin Boldly," and my reflections on the fall and the biological principle. I wrote that it seems to me that when Luther wrote that "in the this world we must sin," he had in mind the pervasiveness of evil doing since the fall. One way to understand that sin is in the context of the principle of biological evolution, competition for survival of the fittest. All human beings, as persons and as peoples, must compete to survive. This is a fall from our original condition of cooperation in the Garden. We must compete, we must sin. Luther is arguing that we must acknowledge this, and the infinite grace of Christ, which is stronger than our finite sinful competition.”

Thanks to all of you for reading and responding to my blog. I appreciate your comments and challenging remarks.

Blessings,
James